Why personalised treatment in MS?
We believe that shared decision-making between our patients and our team is the best pathway to an optimal treatment plan. Everyone’s situation is unique, and we know the best approach is one that is tailored to each individual’s specific needs and experience. This is known as ‘personalised treatment’, or ‘person-centred care’ – and for us it comes as standard practice.
There are scientific reasons for this approach too including the complexity of MS’s genetic make-up, the researched variability of individual response to treatments. The evidence from clinical trials around how safe and effective a treatment is uses a group model but treatments must be made on an individual basis, and this calls for a personalised medicine approach.
A second opinion, particularly from a super-specialist team who will be looking at your experiences and symptoms from multiple angles, might help with any of the following things:
- Make sure your diagnosis is correct
- Help you understand your condition better
- Give you the time and variety of professionals to get answers to your questions
- Help you to take control by becoming an informed and active partner in your healthcare
- Enable you to find peace of mind
- Make sure you have a treatment plan that is best for your condition
- Give you an opportunity to learn about the results of the most recent clinical trials applied to you
The team is ready to listen, understand and co-create a bespoke treatment plan for anyone living with MS. Contact us now to schedule an appointment.